Sew Ya Think you Want to Quilt
An introductory quilting class for those who have never quilted before. Beginner.
A 3-session introduction to your new Viking embroidery machine. Beginner.
A 3-session introductory quilting class for those who have never quilted before. You will finish the class with a crib-size quilt. Beginner.
A technique class to introduce the basics of Free Motion Quilting (FMQ). In this class, you will learn how to quilt multiple layers with the feed dogs down and create basic FMQ designs such as loops, vines, and leaves. You will practice on small quilt sandwiches. Beginner.
One class per month. This class teaches you applique and decorative stitching techniques, and how to use a vast variety of presser feet. At the end of the year, you will have a queen-size quilt. Beginner.
Stitcher's Garden 2
One class per month for 7 months. This class teaches you applique and decorative stitching techniques, and how to use a vast variety of presser feet. Makes a twin-size quilt. Beginner.
An embroidery block of the month quilting class. Intermediate.
A paper-piecing, embroidered block of the month quilting class. At the end of this class, you will have a gorgeous bed quilt. Advanced.
A seasonal two-day embroidery project class, with all needed materials included in the registration fee. Intermediate.
Throughout the year, we have bag-making classes that use zippers, magnets, clasps, vinyl, mesh, and straps. These classes vary from beginning classes to intermediate classes.
- Bring your own machine, needle, pedal, cord, and instruction manual.
- Please do not wear perfumes and strong scented products.
- Cell phones should be kept on silent or turned off.
- If you have to take a call, please step outside the classroom to do so.
- Drinks are allowed in a closed-top container.
- PLEASE DO THE PREP WORK before class, if any is assigned. When a student comes to class unprepared, it's not fair to the students who are prepared or to the teacher who must then take class time to get others caught up.
- All of the supplies needed for all of our classes are available for purchase at Calico Cats.